Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Squash Competition...

Today I went for my MSSD squash competition with 3 others from my school. I met some of my other friends from other schools there, from Keat Hwa 1 and some from Kolej. Loh came and picked me up in the morning and also Joseph Foo on the way, because he was going also, and his mother had offered us a ride there. I woke up rather early today by MY OWN! Haha... One of the rare times. Most probably because I was very nervous.

My school team registered, each of us had to pay RM 3, but we'll be claiming that money back from the PK Koko. That'll be RM 12 in all. After that, the draw of the game was out. After looking at it, I knew that I could only last up to the quarter-finals. I was to meet a guy from Kolej, a good player. And sure enough, I lasted till the quarter-finals.

Here are the results of my school team... =)


First Round
Tan Yi Jing 11-9, 11-7, 11-2
Ng Zhean Wei 11-9, 11-8, 13-15, 11-9

Joseph Foo Bye
Daniel Ting Bye
I can say that me and Joseph Foo were quite lucky to not have opponents at the first round. And both from my school team won! Haha... But the next round was going to be a problem. Yi Jing and Zhean Wei were going to meet the top seeds in their respective groups.
Zhean Wei playing against a guy from Kolej...
Second Round
Tan Yi Jing 3-11, 0-11, 0-11
Ng Zhean Wei 4-11, 4-11, 2-11
Joseph Foo 6-11, 7-11, 4-11
Daniel Ting 11-13, 11-9. 11-8, 11-9

I was up against this guy from Keat Hwa 1. He was quite a powerful player. But, I think I got lucky. Haha... It was sad that the rest of my school team had been knocked out. Yi Jing had it really tough against the top seed. And so did Zhean Wei. But at least, they still scored some points against them.

Third Round
Tan Yi Jing 9-11, 6-11, 3-11
Ng Zhean Wei 7-11, 7-11, 5-11
Joseph Foo 11-9, 13-11, 7-11, 4-11, 3-11
Daniel Ting 9-11, 7-11. 11-13
The third round was a major let down for me. I lost. Sigh! I was hoping to win a medal this year. Sigh. Never mind, I have another year next year. I will train hard! My other team mates, were now just playing the fool, because if they win, also cannot get into the top 8. Joseph Foo won the first two sets, but he then lost steam, he was out of energy, and lost the following three.

Haha... But the most important is... WE HAD FUN! =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who did you lose against? Congrats that you made it so far.

Anonymous said...

I've seen you play-and i must admit, you are good.You dn,t need a medal to tell you that.

Daniel Ting said...

to anonymous:
some guy name ruban from kolej...

to shadow:
thanks =)

Anonymous said...

whoa cool man..u play squash...next nicol david? male one lah, of course...xp

Daniel Ting said...

haha...
yeah... for fun...