Tuesday, June 30, 2009
In this technologically-advanced year, one would think that we. can get the basic principles of having a family right. But sadly, the awful truth is no. We can invent all sorts of unimaginable gadgets and come up with all sorts of ideas, but we can;t get the simplest thing in life right! Staying with the one you first married is not as complicated as complicated mathematical equations like, e = mc squared.
Why do I say it's important for people to marry and remain permanently married forever? When we exchange vows during the marriage, isn't it like committing yourself to that person for your whole life? It's a promise to each other, heard in front of so many witnesses. Does it mean the promises made are actually worthless? It's a commitment! Marriage is not a game or something that can be toyed around. And also, it's a promise to God to stay faithful.
How can a family even exist without a permanent marriage? If they are to have kids, how can the children be brought up without even the basic principles? The children will go astray, get mixed up with bad activities. They'll think loving someone is not something to be taken seriously too. The children will lose the basic principles of what a society should be made up of. It would be a pity to lose someone who could be great just because of the neglect of their parents. If this happens in one in every one thousand families, millions of lives might never realize their true potential.
With the basic foundation of a society in shreds, how then can we build a strong nation? Marriage is an institution associated with the family unit. The family unit in turn is the foundation to a society. So, if the foundation is in shambles, how is it possible for the country to be strong?
Don't you agree with me that it's important that people should get married and remain loyal to that person forever?
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Why shouldn't there be school on a Saturday? Every student need a rest after a long week at school. You can't expect them to go to school everyday and study. You also need to give us some time to work on our hobbies and interests, and also some time to rest. When can we work on such things if we have to go school on a weekend? By the time we come home from school, it would be in the afternoon already, and we'll be most probably too tired or either no time to work on your hobbies.
The plans we have planned out for that day too also have to be canceled. It's a hassle, you know. Some of my friends rather not go to school but attend their tuitions instead. The reason they give is: "Teacher is not going to teach in school anyway, may as well go tuition. There at least you learn something." At least a quarter of my class today were absent. Furthermore, not all the teachers were at school today...
If the people in charge want an extra holiday for the festive seasons, think of us students also please! It's torturing us when we have to attend school six times a week! I thought they banned replacing of school days already? Can't they follow the rules they planned out?
Friday, June 26, 2009
Trials is like in 40+ days time.
I've become lazy, with all the distractions and all... I better cut down on my time online"ing" and start some serious studying. I'll be blogging less often from now on. I was get my gear on! Wish me luck!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Daniel Kim's built sure is something any boy would want to have. I wonder how long did he take to have such built. He did attend military camp in America for a few years, if I'm not mistaken.
Korean Praise is AWESOME!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
It was just the start of the holidays, the mid-term exam fever was just over, a couple of my friends and I decided to spend the day along the river. We wanted to forget the stress of SPM for awhile. With our parents' permission, we headed down to the Sedim River on a bright Sunday morning. But before that, we had to make a few stops for provisions for the picnic; like a portable stove, some food, and a mat.What do you think of my essay?
As Dan could drive, he drove us all the way to Sedim in his Nissan Serena. The journey took about an hour. We had to encounter a few bumpy dirt roads as only a few people know about Sedim area. When we arrived, the sight was unbelievable. The scenery was just fantastic! I didn't know that crystal clear waters still existed in Malaysia. I thought such rivers had already gone extinct as the rivers everyday I see in the city are either polluted with rubbish, or brown in color. My friends and I, who were crazy about photography, took out our cameras and took a few shots of the scenery. After taking a few photos, we unpacked out stuff. We found a shady spot under a big tree.
After unpacking and setting up the place, we quickly changed into our swimming trunks and costumes. Mat and I, who couldn't wait, jumped into the water. The water was so cool and refreshing. Shuang, who was afraid of the water, was reluctant to come in. She wanted to read a book. It was just like her, always reading. After much persuading, she finally gave in. Wen, who was feeling a little cheeky, pushed her when she was unaware. Then, because of that, for the next 5 minutes or so, all we could hear were only her shouts for help. We tried to calm her down, and tried to encourage her not to be afraid of the water. Soon, she got used to the water and actually enjoyed herself. We swam around, chit-chatting by the rocks. Mat suddenly shouted to us "Would you guys like a game of water polo?" We all agreed eagerly. It has been a long time since we played water polo together. The last time we played when we were in primary school. The boys wanted to play a boy versus girl competition, but the girls said that it would be unfair. In the end, one group had two guys and a girl, the other had two girls and a guy. The competition was an interesting one. Although one group had an advantage of having two guys in a group, the group with girls won the match. We were shocked that Shuang who was scared of the water and her first time playing, scored the most goals! She really had overcome her fear of water. Zhean nearly drowned though. Luckily Mat and I managed to pull him out of the water in the nick of time. He was starting to lose consciousnesses. We had to stop the match for awhile to let him recover. Wen cried, because she couldn't bear to watch such accidents.
After our game of water polo, we headed to the shore for lunch as it was about noon. The boys started the fire of the newly bought portable stoves, while the girls got the food stuff out from the car. Before we started cooking, Wen suggested that we had a competition between the boys and girls to see who can cook better. The boys were reluctant, because they knew they would lose. Mat and Zhean didn't know how to cook at all! After half of hour of trying, the food the boys cooked weren't palatable. We all had a good laugh.
After a hearty meal, we all slowly one by one dozed off, tired from the game of water polo. At about 5, we all woke and went for another swim again. Surprisingly, the water was still cool. Mat began to tell us the physics concept behind this phenomena, but we all shut him off. We spent the rest of the time collecting some shiny and smooth stones for out parents to put in the garden as decorating objects.
At about 6, we began to pack up, and decided that we all must have another outing by the river when SPM is over!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad
Happy Father's Day, Dad!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
This story is about a family with three daughters. Their father passed away and their mother couldn't afford to keep them at home. So she sent them out, leaving Sophie behind as the next owner of the hat shop, as she was the oldest.
She thought she was living a dull life, so she left the hat shop to seek her fortune. She met Howl the wizard and she became his cleaning lady. Together they encountered many adventures together... The story goes on, but I'm too lazy to summarize the whole story up... :P Read this book by yourself...
There is a also movie based on this book, which I came to know after I read it. I'll hunt for this movie after my SPM! I wanna know whether the movie based on this book is nice or not...
My Rating for this book: 7/10
Friday, June 19, 2009
What about my friends now in 10 years time? Will they still remember me? Will they be my friends of tomorrow? Will we keep in touch still? Will be lose contact? Will we ever meet again in our whole life time? Questions...
How about the world in 10 years time? War? Peace? Polluted? Flying cars? Floating houses? Living on Mars?
Curiosity kills the cat.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
I found this movie to be rather informative. There were characters of Amelia Earheart, and some other people who made history...
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
My mum found this restaurant selling this "kam puang" near a market in Sitiawan. I'm not exactly sure where this restaurant is located, but the "kam puang" is one of the nicer ones in Sitiawan.
I tried the "ice kacang" there too. It's okay larh... Not so nice...
One thing I hate about this restaurant is that, the place is filled with flies! Tens of them! It's very irritating when one is eating. But, what to do? They need food too, right?
Friday, June 12, 2009
This stall is so popular! The flow of customers never ends. It's definitely something you must try when you visit Sitiawan!
Just the other day, my mum, my sis and I had "tim sum" breakfast together at Tow Boo Keong... For you info, Tow Boo Keong is a Chinese temple. The front hall has been converted as a restaurant. This restaurant is quite popular among the Chinese. Even on a weekday, there are quite a number people having breakfast there. The food there served there is quite okay, but the service is not so good. But the ambiance is nice.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
I was also surprised to see some of my friends performing too, like Ann Ann, Murphy and Hazel.
A total of 15 songs were performed that night. There was an orchestra made up of all string instruments and also the piano, a piano solo and duet performance, a song played using rather unconventional items, and also a violin solo.
I liked the song they played "Can Can" from "Orpheus in the Underworld". I think it was the best song among all the songs they performed. The violin soloists were also not too bad...
The song "Seringgit Dua Kupang" played using unconventional items by the Ting-Ting Tong-Tong band, was rather nice and creative! Why can't my school have such kind of performance during Teacher's Day, etc...?
I was impressed by the piano soloist, although the duet wasn't that bad either...
After the piano solo, and duet performance, the orchestra came up again and performed another 5 songs, this time conducted by a guest conductor all the way from KL, Mr. Brian Tan. He is a famous conductor in Malaysia, but somehow, I haven't heard of his name anywhere. Haha...
Overall, I would give this concert a 6 out of 10 rating. It was rather good for a local orchestra, although there were some noticeable errors in the pieces. But, I would like to attend the next concert Perdana, which will be Concert Perdana 2010.
I shall post up some of the videos later... I haven't uploaded all the videos on youtube yet...
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
We were divided into two groups, apple and orange. The first game for the night was "count how many beans are there in the plastic bag". There were 3 different type of beans in the plastic bag, and the objective of the game was to count the actual number of the beans of different colors in the bag...
The second game was a "guess what's that" game. In this game, you are blindfolded, and you will be given something, and you are supposed to guess what it is. Butter, sugar, CRICKETS, paper were among the things that the participants had to guess...
I'll be waiting for MYF Fun Night 3!!!
I'm a human of course!
2. Are we friends?
3. When and how did we meet?
MYF and church... We live in the same taman...
4. Did you like me at all?
Yup! Cal's a cool drummer! Sarah's is a good friend!
5. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
Hrm... Never thought about it...
6. Describe me in one word.
Cal: Cool! Sarah: Smart!
7. What was your first impression?
Cal: Someone to look up upon to... Sarah: A bookworm... LOL!
8. Do you still think that way about me now?
9. What reminds you of me.
Cal: The drums! Sarah: Cheesecake... I still can't forget the time we played the game in MYF...
10. If you could give me anything what would it be?
What do you wan? LOL!
11. How well do you know me?
Quite well gua...
12. When's the last time you saw me?
Cal: When you came back for the hols! Sarah: During MYPG!
13. Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?
Nothing at the moment...
14. Are you going to post this in your notes and see what I say about you?
15. What is my best attribute?
Both: Down to earth... Loves God!
3. Choocolate JY
6. Celina (Do it on facebook!)
8. Joyce T
9. Xin Hoong
10. Michelle T
Monday, June 8, 2009
Sunday, June 7, 2009
I found it not too difficult, because last time, I had an interest in this sort of thing. The paper was divided into two parts, Part 1 and Part 2. Part 1 consisted of 8 questions. Part 1 was like a trial paper, where you are given 3 minutes to test the questions, so that you will get used to it when you do Part 2. Part 1 is not marked. Part 2 consist of 36 questions. I finished Part 2 just in time...
We then had a little briefing about the scholarship, about how much allowance we will get, and also the study environment over there in Singapore.
1. Besides your lips, where is your favorite spot to get kissed?
2. How did you feel when you woke up this morning?
Tired... After MYPG...
3. Who was the last person/people you took a photo with?
I'm not sure... Can't remember...
4. Would you consider yourself spoiled?
5. Will you ever donate blood?
I'm a little afraid of my own blood...
6. Have you ever had a best friend who was of the opposite sex?
7. Do you want someone to be dead?
No! I'm not that cruel...
8. What does your last text message say?
About a concert...
9. What are you thinking right now?
Thinking of how long more before I finish this tag...
10. Do you want someone to be with you right now?
11. What was the time you went to bed last night?
12. Where did you buy the tee you are wearing now?
I'm shirtless now...
13. Is someone on your mind right now?
14. Who was the last person who text you?
Ten Lucky Persons to do this quiz:
The 10 unlucky persons are...
4. Loh TH
5. Sin Thien
6. Calvin N
9. Michelle T
10. Joyce Tan
15. Who is no.2 having a relationship with?
With a boy smaller than her! XP
16. Is no.3 a male or a female?
Female gua... haha...
17. If no.7 and no.1 get together, would it be a good match?
Definitely NO! They're not gay you see...
18. What is no.1 studying about?
19. When was the last time you chatted with them?
In the past two weeks...
20. Is no.4 single?
I think so...
A 13 year old girl in a relationship... LOL!
22. What do you think about no.3 and no.6 being together?
I'm not sure...
23. Describe no.9?
An intelligent girl...
24. What will you do if no.6 and no.7 fight?
Make peace between them..
25. Do you like no.8?
As a good friend...
Saturday, June 6, 2009
English on the other hand, was not as tough as I expected to be. There were two papers for this English test, comprehension and summary in one paper, and the other paper essay.The comprehension was not as tough I expected it to be. But the essay was tough! You are only given 30 minutes to complete the essay! And you have to write a factual essay! You have two options though... These are the questions that came up today:
- The media (e.g. television) influences the youth of the society.
- "Excellence is not based on academic achievements alone."
There were quite a number of Keat Hwa 1 students there too, some of them were my old primary friends, like Swee Yong and the Double Kims, but I didn't get a chance to talk to them. Anyway, I have another paper to sit tomorrow, I better get some shut eye now. Tata...
Friday, June 5, 2009
I'm going Penang tomorrow to sit for the ASEAN test!
It has been my dream to be able to sit for this test since I was form 4! I don't know what to expect in tomorrow's tests! Wish me luck! =)
*Update* After doing some research on the net, I'm beginning to feel a little nervous about it, the test on General Ability is like an IQ test, and their maths test is our form 4 and 5 add maths, but tougher. English consists of comprehension and an argumentative essay, from what I got from the net. I'm nervous! HELP!
WHAT WAS YOUR:
1. Last beverage: Plain old water...
2. Last phone call: Celina (I think)...
3. Last text message: Celina also... haha...
4. Last song you listened to: Without You by Hinder...
5. Last time you cried: I can't remember exactly when...
HAVE YOU EVER:
6. Dated someone twice: Someone twice?
7. Been cheated on: Yes...
8. Kissed someone & regretted it: *blank*
9. Lost someone special: Yup...
10. Been depressed: Who hasn't?
11. Been drunk and threw up: Nope... I very guai de... I don't touch anything with alcohol in it.
LIST THREE FAVORITE COLOURS:
14. Hrm... Orange?
THIS YEAR HAVE YOU: (2009)
15. Made a new friend: Yup...
16. Fallen out of love: Hrm... No gua...
17. Laughed until you cried: Nope...
18. Met someone who changed you: A little...
19. Found out who your true friends were: I found out a few...
20. Found out someone was talking about you: Many many times...
21. Kissed anyone on your friend's list: Friend's list? Nop...
22. How many people on your friends list do you know in real life: All?
23. How many kids do you want to have: 4!
24. Do you have any pets: Yup... Fishes...
25. Do you want to change your name: Dan's cOoL!
26. What did you do for your last birthday: Nothing special...
27. What time did you wake up today: 7:30 A.M.!!!
28. What were you doing at midnight last night: SLEEPING! =)
29. Name something you CANNOT wait for: My car LICENSE!
30. Last time you saw your Mother: A few minutes ago...
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life : Be closer to God...
32. What are you listening to right now: Music! Without You by Hinder...
33. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom: Nop!
34. What's getting on your nerves right now: The buzzing sound of the fan of my CPU.
35. Most visited webpage: www.dantingcs.blogspot.com! =P
36. Whats your real name: DTCS
37. Nicknames: DAN!
38. Relationship Status: Single...
39. Zodiac sign: Sagittarius gua...
40. Male or female : 100% MALE!
41. Elementary?: Tadika... forget name le...
42. Middle School?: KH II
43. High school/college?: Soon... Patiently waiting...
44. Hair colour: Black...
45. Long or short: SHORT! STUPID SCHOOL RULES!!!
46. Height: 170+ cm gua...
47. Do you have a crush on someone?: Yes.
48: What do you like about yourself?: Donno wor...
49. Piercings: NEVER IN MY LIFE!
50. Tattoos: NEVER!
51. Righty or lefty: ???
52. First surgery: Never done before...
53. First piercing: NEVER!
54. First best friend: Many wor...
55. First sport you joined: Badminton...
56. First vacation: Singapore gua...
58. First pair of trainers: ?
59. Eating: Nothing... MA Saliva! =P
60. Drinking: MA SALIVA =P
61. I'm about to: Finish this 100 questions...
62. Listening to: This question has been asked many many times... ==
63. Waiting on: MYF...
YOUR FUTURE :
64. Want kids?: OF COURSE!
65. Get Married?: Depends on Him...
66. Career?: Not sure...
WHICH IS BETTER :
67. Lips or eyes: Eyes...
68. Hugs or kisses: Both...
69. Shorter or taller: Urm... shorter gua...
70. Older or Younger: Depends...
71. Romantic or spontaneous: Both.
72. Nice stomach or nice arms: Both.
73. Sensitive or loud: Sensitive...
74. Hook-up or relationship: Relationship!
75. Trouble maker or hesitant: Trouble maker!
HAVE YOU EVER :
76. Kissed a stranger: NOP!
77. Drank hard liquor: NOP!
78. Lost glasses/contacts: Glasses...
79. Sex on first date: NOP!
80. Broken someone's heart: Maybe...
82. Been arrested: NOP!
83. Turned someone down: Maybe...
84. Cried when someone died: Urm...
85. Fallen for a friend?: Maybe...
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
86. Yourself: Sometimes...
87. Miracles: YUP!
88. Love at first sight: No gua..
89. Heaven: YUP!
90. Santa Claus: NOP!
91. Kiss on the first date: Maybe...
92. Angels: YUP!
94. Had more than 1 girlfriend/boyfriend at a time: NOP!
95. Did you sing today?: NOP!
96. Ever cheated on somebody?: Maybe gua...
97. If you could go back in time, how far would you go?: When i was form 1!
98. If you could pick a day from last year and relive it, what would it be?: Last year? NAH!
99. Are you afraid of falling in love?: A little now.. I wasn't afraid last year...
100. Posting this as 100 truths?: YUP!
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
The line to buy the tickets were very long, because we had to each buy our own ticket...
As all of us wanted to go down at the same times, we had to squeeze. Some more, one of the fans weren't working. I could barely move an inch in there! And it was so HOT!
We had to change trains half way during the journey. I was glad for that! Or else, I would have fainted by the heat!
After that, we headed for Queensbay Mall... We had dinner there, and of course had loads of FUN!