Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Memories in Sitiawan Celebrating CNY... [Day 2]...

I celebrate Chinese New Year every year in Sitiawan. This year, it happened to be on a Sunday in Sitiawan. So, I went to the church, Sitiawan Wesley Church. I think the last time I was attended the Sunday Service there was, I think 2 or 3 years ago, also during Chinese New Year. I vaguely remember it.

Sunday service in Sitiawan, starts at 8:30 a.m. This means being shaken out of bed EARLY... AGAIN! Sigh! Can't a guy get some rest around here? Haha...
Sitiawan Wesley Methodist Church...
After the service, we went for breakfast with a friend of my father. I had curry mee. The curry mee was quite pekat. It was okay. Haha... But Alor Star's curry mee at Timuran is anytime better. Haha...
Curry Mee...
The place where I had breakfast was a little dirty though.
Up...
Down...
I had lunch at my grandparents' house. My grandmother sure knows how to make popiah! Her popiah is the best I've tasted, compared to those sold anywhere. Haha. I always look forward eating popiah each time I go back to Sitiawan. I had a quick nap after lunch, and after that, off to Teluk Batik for a stroll. Teluk Batik is like East Coast Park in Singapore. Just that, in Singapore, the park is cleaner, more modern, and bigger. Some parts of the beach at Teluk Batik stinks. Haih. Why can't people keep the place clean?
Rubbish...
Just look how irresponsible people can be. Leaving bits and pieces of rubbish here and there. Can't people be more responsible and keep the place clean?
Teluk Batik beach...
More pictures of Teluk Batik beach out soon. =)

Dinner was at my grandparents' place again. We had fish and prawns! The fish was fantastic! We had a delicious "tau te"! =)

5 comments:

Yi En said...

Sitiawan nice?

Daniel Ting said...

haha... ok ok lah...

Lee said...

wei...bring me home some of the popiah haha...and where is timuran?
near pacific and bata shop there?

Daniel Ting said...

yup... near bata there de. haha...

Yi En said...

lol...