Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

YLDP... [Day 1]...

I'm back from YLDP already. I just arrived back from SU Tapah campsite yesterday night. When I first went to that camp, I was under impression that it would be a boring and very serious camp... I misconception was later changed. YLDP is actually quite good. Compare NSCFL and YLDP, I think both would be on par. I encourage all who have not gone to YLDP or NSCFL, go! God will somehow to speak to you there.

We left from Alor Star at 11 on the 9th. We reached at about 2. The journey was quite fast, cause the bus did not even stop at a single rest area, and the bus wasn't exactly keeping to the speed limit. We arrived at the Ipoh bus station, there was nothing to restaurant there in the bus station at all. At least in Alor Star, there is Merrybrown... So, in the end, we walked to McD. The bus we were taking to Tapah was at 4:15 p.m. Even after makan, we still had quite some time to burn.
At the bus to Tapah...

A random shot at Tapah town...
We arrived at Tapah at about 6. By then, ice breaker and team building 1 had already passed. Bathed first, the water was freezing. And had electricity problems, because suddenly, the toilet lights just went out.
Tim's first welcoming bug...
After dinner, there was worship. Never before I have heard such a wonderful worship. The music is superb! The singers are fantastic! I really enjoyed listening to them and worshiping the Lord together.

Daniel Sing was the speaker for all the night sessions. During the first session with him, the hall had no electricity, so we had it at the theater. He asked a few important questions, like:
  1. What is your vision?
  2. How are you going to achieve your vision?
  3. When are you going to achieve your vision?
  4. What is your vision for your Youth Group?
  5. How are you going to achieve your vision for your Youth Group?
These questions he asked, are not normal questions people would ask. The first question really caused me to think more about what has happened to me during my last 16 years and also, what is the purpose of my life. The truth is, before this, I was purposeless, goalless in life. I had no purpose to achieve for, no goal to achieve for. Visionless.

After the session was over, we broke into our small groups. My group had 5 people. We talked about ourselves, where we came from and all the first time meet questions.

Me, Loh and Tim decided to bathe after that again. The water was freezing.

No comments: