Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Concert Perdana 2009...

My friends and I attended this Concert Perdana 2009 at the Auditorium last Sunday. Some of the songs were nice, some were just okay okay. One of the songs were pretty creative though. They used unconventional items to make music. But the song they produced was fantastic! I was amazed at their creativity.

I was also surprised to see some of my friends performing too, like Ann Ann, Murphy and Hazel.
A total of 15 songs were performed that night. There was an orchestra made up of all string instruments and also the piano, a piano solo and duet performance, a song played using rather unconventional items, and also a violin solo.
The orchestra performing...
I liked the song they played "Can Can" from "Orpheus in the Underworld". I think it was the best song among all the songs they performed. The violin soloists were also not too bad...

The song "Seringgit Dua Kupang" played using unconventional items by the Ting-Ting Tong-Tong band, was rather nice and creative! Why can't my school have such kind of performance during Teacher's Day, etc...?

I was impressed by the piano soloist, although the duet wasn't that bad either...
The pianist...
After the piano solo, and duet performance, the orchestra came up again and performed another 5 songs, this time conducted by a guest conductor all the way from KL, Mr. Brian Tan. He is a famous conductor in Malaysia, but somehow, I haven't heard of his name anywhere. Haha...
Mr. Brian Tan conducting the orchestra (top), The end... (bottom)
One for the album!
Overall, I would give this concert a 6 out of 10 rating. It was rather good for a local orchestra, although there were some noticeable errors in the pieces. But, I would like to attend the next concert Perdana, which will be Concert Perdana 2010.

I shall post up some of the videos later... I haven't uploaded all the videos on youtube yet...

No comments: