Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The 12 year old author...

Victoria Siaw Wei Yah is only 12 years old, but she is not like any ordinary kid, she has a passion of writing and has written eight books. Gee, I wish I was like her.

When I myself was 12, I was inspired by one of the comic books I read, Garfield if I'm not mistaken. I wanted to write, but I never did take any action. Just say, no action, so no product. Haiz... Maybe If I wrote, I would be in the papers now. Hehe...

I think it is good that newspapers highlight this kind of achievements achieved by the younger generation. This would be an example to follow and inspiration to everybody. Another role that contributes to this, are parents, because they are the one who will encourage the young to write.

It is pity that Malaysia's education system do not encourage the younger generation to develop their creative juices. All the kids nowadays focus on getting as many A's as possible, how many marks you get, and what position you get in class. Anyway, this will be the younger generation that will be the leaders of the future, right? So, shouldn't Malaysia's education system change?

So, back to the point, must write book d, so that can come up in newspaper... He he...

No comments: