Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 1 of Sports Camp...

This is going to be one interesting but also quite boring (there are no pictures) post. I didn't bring any cameras along... my mother said she wanted to use it. So, i came home empty-handed from the camp.

Pushed off at 12, Aunt Peh Lan had some errands to do. She had to post a letter to SU. Speaking of SU, 2 people are going for SUSOM 2011 this year, and only one going for JS.

Well, we arrived rather late at Wesley Methodist Church, the registration and getting to know one another sessions were already over. We just joined in as observers, obervering the respective groups doign their victory flag and chants. They even had an oath-making and raising of flag event to declare the official opening of this camp.

Frankly, I really felt out of place. It isn't in my nature, as an introvert, to first start the ball rolling. I tried to, but it felt real awkward to me, but I think it's a start.

We had "Ultimate Frisbee" game session at 4. This is my first camp having so many game sessions in one day! They even have a game session at night at 9:30 p.m.! No wonder there are more boys attending this camp than girls.

While watching them play, I began to think why I was called to help in the first place. There were enough hands to help around (to me, for now), and I think with or without me, it would make no difference, unless being there for moral support is considered as a valid reason. I felt left out. I guess this is what happens when there is no specific duty assigned to me.

Night time. Dinner + Session. And after session, Game + Supper. I was dead tired during the session. It was about a topic I've heard most of in different camps, and was yawning throughout the session.

But since I'm here, I may as well take it as a challenge and have some fun. Oh well, we'll see what tomorrow lies in store for me.

P.S. There is one mini "Daniel Tong" here. :D

1 comment:

xy said...

FYI, it's ultimate frisbee, not freezeby. heh. =)