Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Let's Start From the Beginning...

Let's start from the beginning... After SPM ended, I knew I did not get National Service for first batch, and I had the choice to go for Jeremiah School or SUSOM! I had to think and pray long and hard which was the better choice for me... In the end, I decided to take the road less taken by, and I am very happy with the choice I made 2 months ago!

My trip to SUSOM all began on the 9th... I took a flight in the morning at 8:35 a.m. from Alor Setar to LCCT, KL. And guess who I met on the plane...! 4 members from my church! And it so happened that they sat right beside me on the plane! Before that flight, I was a little worried about flying alone to LCCT, but God answers prayers in special ways. =)
The AirAsia airplane...
My uncle picked me up from the airport. I watched Avatar 3D that day, and the following day, I attended Sunday worship service in DUMC. And I must say, DUMC is a humongous church! I think a rough estimate of those who attended that day's Sunday Service would be around 500 - 600 people!

SUSOM unofficially started at 6 at the SU Office. All of the SUSOM students were already there when I arrived, except Deborah Yong; she was to come the next day when SUSOM was supposed to officially begin. I was a little nervous meeting new people, because I'm an introvert by nature.

(I can't remember this part =P, but this what I wrote down in my journal. This shows how much a person can forget when he doesn't write things down.) Runa briefed us a little on SUSOM. (I can't remember a single thing about this! Jing! Ying! Teng! Tong! What did she brief us on?) After that briefing, we headed for dinner down the road of SU Staffhouse.

I will always remember this sentence said by Daniel Koo: "Tonight's dinner is probably going to be the best dinner throughout SUSOM, because after this, you all are going to cook your own dinners!", which I think wasn't true... =P We had better dinners than that dinner, right SUSOMites? =D

The SU Staffhouse was still undergoing renovation and the floor was super dusty! We had a short briefing by Daniel Koo and Jason, before settling down for the day.
The first official group photo... =)

3 comments:

Celina Eshlyn said...

hey u went DUMC? man so cool! XD sam chow's bro dan chow is currently helpin out at its daughter chc :) heh~ whoa..great prayer xperience wif God eh? gud gud^^ praise God!

Anonymous said...

r u sure I was the one who said that....or lai....?

Daniel Ting said...

daniel: hrm... now tat u mention it.. i cant exactly remember...
but in my personal journal, i wrote you...