Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Dan's Blahs on the Book of Luke... [Chapter 1]

I'm taking 13 subjects for SPM. I regret taking up so many. I thought I could cope, but now I know I can't. I'm going to start blogging about the book of Luke from the bible to help me remember for my Bible Knowledge paper. At the very least, I will have at least read through the book a few times throughly, then maybe I'll be able to recall back more! Killing two birds with one stone! The book of Luke was written by Luke? Haha... The book of Acts was also written by him.

The story begins... ~~~~~~

This book starts with the announcing of the birth of John.
In the reign of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zechariah received a vision. An angel appeared to him, and told him that he and his wife would bear a son, and they would name him John. John from birth would be filled with the Holy Spirit, and he will bring many people of Israel back to the Lord their God.

Zechariah doubted the thought of having a son, because at that time he was already very old. Because he did not believed in the angel's message, he was unable to speak until John was born. In the sixth month of Elizabeth's pregnancy, angel Gabriel was sent to a town to Nazareth to announce to Mary that she will bear to a son, and she was to name Him Jesus. Mary at that period of time was a virgin, and she was to marry Joseph soon.

Mary visits Elizabeth, and she stayed with her for 3 months. John is given birth. When the baby was a week old, they circumcised him and their neighbours and relatives wanted to name him Zechariah after his father, but the parents insisted on naming the baby John. And from that moment onwards, Zechariah was able to speak again!

Interesting story, huh?

No comments: