Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

CANTON-i... Truly Hong Kong....

I went to Penang with my family last Saturday to buy some stuff I needed for SUSOM. When we were at QueensBay, my parents decided to try something new for brunch, because we had not eaten breakfast yet.
CANTON-i Truly Hong Kong menu...
The food here is quite okay larh, nothing here is out of the ordinary, or special. But the ambiance of the restaurant is nice. I had prawn dumplings and dough fritters, and a little pinching from my parents and sister's food. =)
Prawn dumplings...
I think the dumplings I had in Singapore a few years ago was much MUCH nicer... And guess what the dough fritters are....
Dough fritters.
Eu Cha Kueh!!! We had to pay a bomb just to eat Eu Cha Kueh wrapped in dough??? But, it was quite nice also dipping in that unique sauce. =)
Congee...
This was my mother's congee (porridge). It was okay larh (I'm not a big fan of congee), but I think the one in Sungai Petani was nicer than this.
Beef noodles...
My sister's beef noodles... The beef in her noodles was very soft and tender, like the ones Aunt Chua makes. =)

And for DESSERT!
Mango + Pamaloo Smoothie.
This dessert has a unique taste. It's their signature dessert dish! I think this is because the pamaloo has a unique taste makes the dessert yummy! =)

My Rating for this Restaurant: 7.5/10

No comments: